Tuesday

Gilded Hues!

Hello sweet peeps & welcome to yet another set of color cues that are ripe to use for all of your creative and crafty endeavors! Today, I not only have the hues for your viewing pleasure, but a sneaky peek of a fun little technique that I am going to share for Power Poppy's next Inspire Me Monday! So... so much to stay tuned for!

First, let's check out the color palette for this week's.....

So, what's this little sight above? Well, according to the fabulous Ms. Marcy, it's a photo she snapped just a few weeks ago showcasing the Yellow Bishop's Hat and Virginia Bluebells that were sprouting up all over her "terrarium" a.k.a. her backyard garden! Don't they just look like they are reaching up to the camera to say "Well, hello there?" ;-)

SO, HOW DO YOU PLAY ALONG? Well, my friends, it is as easy as 1-2-3! Simply use all three colors in your next creation and then, don't forget to link up your fine work using the linky below! Just that simple! 

Today, I am sharing a little bit of an experiment using Deco Foil, Copics, and a little digital manipulation! If you want the full low down on how I created this card, you'll have to stay tuned for a step-by-step tutorial coming your way next Monday. But, for now, here's a peek at what I whipped up using the color palette above! 


So, as you can see, I took Power Poppy's Graceful Still Life and did a little "surgery" on it before I colored it up with Copic Markers. Word art is really big in stamping right now and I knew I wanted to try my hand at doing some digitally. After I was done creating this image, I grabbed my Copic markers and used these ones below to color it up! I really wanted to create an image with an antique feel so, most of the colors are dusty in tone! The earth tones were used to color up the letters and bring out that sandy color in the color palette. The flowers are the purple in this week's hues and my card base is the lighter shade of purple in the Hues to Use!


And, here's a closeup so that you can see how I used the Deco Foil! I will say, I didn't let my laminator warm up long enough and you can see that the coverage of my foil isn't perfect. In real life, you can't tell there are spots missing -- it looks really crisp -- but in this photo-- you can see them!


And that, my friends, is it! Like I mentioned, be sure to come back and see how I created this card and a few others! And be sure to put these colors into play and join me for this week's Hues to Use! You never know when a card or creation might have us asking you to guest host this weekly challenge! Wouldn't that be fun?

So get those fingers inky and join me!
~Julie


7 comments:

Berina RGA said...

This is so pretty Julie! I can't wait to see how you did it!

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, you totally rock! I LOVE how you've added "love!" Haha! But truly, this is gorgeous, and I love how you've used these colors...stunning card! Looking forward to seeing your Inspire Me Monday post! Hugs! xoxo

Donna W said...

Love your beautiful card! Thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

Love this combo!

ednamburgess said...

Love these colors fixed together. The card is beautiful! Edna

Katie Sims said...

I had to do a double take on this one.....I didn't recognize the image right away. I LOVE how you arranged the dogwood branches around your sentiment. Super creative and your coloring is AMAZING! You definitely achieved an antique-y feel to your lovely card! :)

Julia Sandvoss said...

What an absolutely beautiful card and we love the touches of our Deco Foil as well!