Friday

Blossoms to Warm Up Your Winter

Howdy peeps and welcome to our very first Power Poppy Power & Spark Challenge to set your 2017 off right! This one is near and dear to my heart because when you live in colder parts of the country, you long for those bright splashes of flowery color to warm your heart... and your winter! 

So, let me introduce you to the Winter Blooms January Challenge:


HOW TO PLAY: This challenge comes with a 100% smile guarantee because our hostess with the mostess Stacy Morgan wants to see your creations in full bloom! Here's what she had to say about this month's quest for colorful creativity!
“When winter comes, many of us long to say goodbye to the chill and say hello to those cheerful and fresh spring flowers! Did you know there are lots of blooms that sprout at the end of winter? How about Camellias, Crocus, Paperwhites, Holly, Snowdrops, or Poinsettias? Let’s see how you can bring these pretty little petals and glorious greens to life and enjoy this last bit of winter as well!”

Thanks Stacy! Now, if you are a little stumped on what qualifies as a winter bloom — we’ve taken the guesswork out of it for you and created a link to all the stamps in our store that would work beautifully (we include winter AND early spring blooms, plus what you might find in a hothouse this time of year - think Orchids and Succulents)! Just CLICK ON OVER HERE to see all the beauty that awaits! On top of that, Stacy provided us some extra inspiration with this clean and classy card using Power Poppy’s Simply Camellias stamp set! Not only is it perfectly colored but the embossed backdrop and little pink pearls add that extra splash of visual interest! 


You can click on over to Stacy's blog listed on our Bloomie link list at the end of this post to read up on all the "deets" of Stacy's card!


THE OFFICIAL RULES:

  • Use Power Poppy stamps if you have them, if not, it is a great way to win some! 
  • Link your creation below using our Linky (please use the exact URL from your post instead of a generic blog address.)
  • Please mention Power Poppy in YOUR blog or gallery post with a link back to THIS challenge
  • Winner will receive a free clear or three digital stamp sets of their choice from the Power Poppy Shop
  • Enter as many cards as you’d like, as long as they fit the theme of the challenge!
  • Deadline to enter is January 31 @ 8:00pm EST. At that point, we’ll draw the winner randomly and make the announcement right here on the first Friday of  February!

And now... drum roll please... it is that exciting time when we look at all the entries from last month's Power and Spark challenge, dip our hand into the random.org machine and see who is our lucky winner! So, without further ado.... the winner was:

ESSIE!

You could say Essie created such a creative spark that she was “on fire!” She had not one, not two, but THREE entries in our Power & Spark Challenge for December and all of her creations were equally as wonderful! For this cute duo of holiday tags, she used one of the wreath digital stamp sets that Power Poppy recently released named Wreath: Birch and Evergreens.


Essie, to claim your prize, just email us at bloom@powerpoppy.com, and let us know what clear stamp or three digital stamps you'd like. Thanks everyone for playing -- the creativity that you share abounds and inspires! 

Speaking of inspiration, I mentioned that there are some of our fabulous Bloomies on standby to share their latest creations with Power Poppy stamps. Why not pay them a visit?




Thanks for stopping by and sharing a bit of your day with us!  We love our little visits! Be sure to swing back for another edition of Inspire Me Monday when the fabulous Ally Cope takes center stage and shares her latest tips and card making tricks!

Have a great weekend!

~Julie 



28 comments:

Karen W said...

All the cards are gorgeous and so much inspiration!!

Berina RGA said...

This sounds exciting! Congrats Essie!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Those camellias are just gorgeous! Congrats to Essie too!

Kathy Jones said...

Congratulations Essie!!!

aussie aNNie said...

Congrats Essie, love the Camellias too.xx

Essie said...

How very exciting to come home this evening and find a lovely surprise from Power Poppy! Thank you, ladies, I am very excited to be the lucky winner this month (and by the way, the tags and gift cards were huge hits with family and teachers--Power Poppy makes all my little gift look fab!

CherylQuilts said...

Congratulations, Essie, for winning last month's Power & Spark Challenge! Enjoy your new stamp set! And what a beautiful blog hop from the Bloomies! I finally got to finish today, and what inspiration! Warm hugs, all! xoxo

nancyk said...

I am trying to link up a card for the winter blooms challenge but it says the link is not available. (??)

Marcella Hawley said...

Hello Nancy! I'm so sorry, there is something very, well, QUIRKY with this link-up situation. It can have something to do with the format of the various kinds of blogs. Now we know that folks in Australia and New Zealand have trouble posting. BUT — sometimes they can get through. If you want to retry it, you may have success. I know that is annoying, I do apologize. If you would kindly add your link in the comments, we will definitely include you!!

NancyK said...

Thanks for the quick response Marcy! It is very weird. It says the link is not available when I use my main computer and my laptop. However when I go to my phone the link is there and all the linked cards are visible. Anyway, here is the link to my blog post that has the card - http://www.seasidecreativity.com/?p=3195
Thanks! (I need to figure how to do this from my phone if this is an ongoing problem for me!)

Marcella Hawley said...

Thank you for sending your link!! Yes, I think there is something wonky with the scripts or some update or other. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience! ~m

NancyK said...

I just switched over to google chrome from IE and was able to link up. Never had a problem with IE before - don't know if it is just a fluke for today!

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Marcella, I too am unable to link my card, so here is my blog post link
http://waterlilycardsbyrobyn.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/sending-birthday-hugs.html
Will have to get IT son to check my google chrome as Nancy as done. Have a wonderful month cheers Robyn

Theresa's Studio said...

Great Challenge! Happy winter to all.

Laine said...

Hi I have tried several times to enter my project in the January challenge and have been unable to connect to the linkup. Here is the link to my blog post. Love Poppy Power images!
https://dreamlaine.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/creating-thank-you-box-tutorial-with.html

Janine said...

I cannot link my card either - it is in my Splitcoaststampers Gallery http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2775942?&cat=500&ppuser=132530

Unknown said...

I am pleased that I am not the only one who couldn't link up! Here is my link.
http://creativecardsbylindsaye.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/magnolia-sunshine.html
Here is a second card
http://creativecardsbylindsaye.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/cone-flower-birthday.html

Ann said...

Beautiful card Stacy, I just love pink and green together. Congrats to Essie too.

Unknown said...

Love this Challenge. I also can not link up, same message, not available But, here is my link: http://craftingbytheseashore.blogspot.com/2017/01/sweet-simple-primroses.html Thanks so much!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow beautiful card from Stacey!
Here's mine for this months challenge: https://rubydoobydoocrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/spring-flowers-calendar.html

Aileen said...

Heres my card as I was unable to link through Safari or Chrome. In Australia. http://colourandsparkle.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/love-you-with-love-and-happy-bird-day.html

thanks

Marcella Hawley said...

Hi Robyn! I was able to add your link to the challenge list manually! All set. :) ~marcella

Marcella Hawley said...

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience, not sure why this link thing is giving folks the run-around. I was able to add your link to the challenge manually! :) All set! Thanks, Laine! ~marcella

Marcella Hawley said...

Hello Janine! Thank you SO much for entering your lovely card in the challenge - I've been able to link it up manually on our end. Not sure why it's being so fussy! I appreciate your patience. xoxo ~m

Marcella Hawley said...

Hi Lindsay! I've been able to link up both of your beautiful cards in the challenge. Sorry for the hassles! :) ~marcella

Marcella Hawley said...

Hello Donna, I was able to get your link to show up... something is a bit quirky but I think I may be on to the solution! Had to do my own techie detective work... Thank you for bearing with us and joining in, it wouldn't be a proper Power Poppy challenge with your cards represented! :)

Marcella Hawley said...

Hi Lynne! I was able to get your card entered in the challenge link up. Thank you so much for playing with us this month!

Marcella Hawley said...

Hello Aileen! I was able to enter your gorgeous card in the challenge, thank you so much for copying the link here - I think I might have it figured out to prevent this next time! :) ~marcella