Monday

Inspire Me Monday: Paper Piecing with Digital Stamps


Welcome to another fabulous Inspire Me Monday!  I'm Allison Cope and I'm your hostess this week.

I don't know about you but when I first started creating with digital images I did a lot of experimental printing of them.  I wanted to see how they would print using my inkjet versus my laser printer and how the quality would turn out.  So after much experimenting, I decided to go a little bit further.  I decided I wanted to experiment with printing my images out on patterned paper.  After all, I LOVE to paper piece so I figured if I could do it with a regular stamped image, then I surely could do it with a digital image.

So after testing non-permanent adhesives and different thicknesses of patterned paper products, I learned a few things.  So today, that's what I'm here to do... teach you some tips and tricks to paper piecing with digital images!

I'm going to be showcasing a very dear to my heart image today, the "Chickadee in Barberry".  It holds a special place in my heart as it reminds me of my childhood home all nestled in the maple bush in Ontario where we would have Chickadees, among other birds, visit our bird feeders all winter long. They were so fun to watch!

So grab your favorite beverage and join me in my craftroom today for a fun adventure...

And another quick look at my final card...
To add a quick sentiment to my card, I used the beautiful new holiday clear stamp set "Simple Joys" to add that finishing touch.

I'd love to hear what you think of my tutorial and I'd love to know if you'd attempt digital paper piecing yourself the next time you create with digital stamps.

Thanks for joining me this week!  I hope you have a great week and have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families!

Happy printing, cutting and creating!

~ Ally ~ 


Supplies:
stamps: Power Poppy (Chickadee in Barberry, Simple Joys)
cardstock:  Recollections (110# White)
patterned papers: Lili of the Valley (Snow Princess 8x8), Lawn Fawn (Peace Joy Love 6x6)
dies: SugarPea Designs (Stitched Flags), MFT (Stitched Scalloped Basic Edges)
corner punch:  EK Success
ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
other: Marvy Uchida (Liquid Applique)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU are a braver woman than I lol How creative to even think about doing this, oh so clever, Ally. Love your card and that sweet little Chickadee, just the cutest. Of course your paper piecing looks awesome as does your puffy snow! TFS!!!

Berina RGA said...

Wow!! Such a cute card!! Love the puffy snow!!

aussie aNNie said...

Awesome and one of my fav projects, paper piecing and this wonderful stamp.xx

Camille Short said...

Wow wee! There are some great ideas and techniques! How talented! Thanks for sharing!

Linda Pekrul said...

Wonderful tutorial and such a sweet card! Thank you!!

Conniecrafter said...

that is gorgeous but oh my, I would only have time to make one like that, gorgeous work!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Ally! You are amazing and so creative, and I LOVED the video and how you've really inspired me to use the digis in yet another way! I love the idea of using bits of DP and gluing them onto the printed image and putting it through the printer yet again! Brilliant and genius! And what a gorgeous card! Love it all...and you! Hugs! xoxo